Saturday, November 28, 2009
Every time you do the dishes… Be Thankful!
Every time you wipe the table down... Be Thankful!
Every time you mop the floor… Be Thankful!
Every time you take a warm shower… Be Thankful!
Every time you wash your hair… Be Thankful!
Every time you take a sip of water… Be Thankful!
Every time you clean the toilets… Be Thankful!
Every time you brush your teeth… Be Thankful!
Every time you feel warm water with clean soap on your hands… Be Thankful!
Every time you wash your face… Be Thankful!
Every time you water your animals… Be Thankful!
Every time you water your garden… Be Thankful!
Every time you do a job you hate (that involves water)… Be Thankful!
We’ve been learning to be thankful for the running water which most people always expect to daily be there for their use. If you are not thankful… try resisting to turn on the sink when you need a glass of water, go without a shower for a while, don’t wash your dishes, don’t flush your toilets, forget about your flower pots, don’t wash your hands, don’t wash your face,… are you thankful yet?
I certainly am thankful for water!!
Praise God from whom all Blessings Flow,
Friday, November 27, 2009
In the last day, that great day of the feast (Thanksgiving), Jesus stood and cried saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink.
Friday, November 20, 2009
(By the way, for those who are interested, if you click HERE you can see the pictures from last year's soap class.)
Mrs. Knifong working with her girls.
Hyperactive soap making with Eden!
Shiloh, stirring a batch of the "Hot Process".
Eden tastes her soap. (By the look on her face I don't think it was delicious!)
More pictures of everyone working.
And of course we had to have everyone stay just a little longer before ending that wonderful day! Here the ladies enjoy a meal while I am doing this:
Sunday, November 15, 2009
Thursday, November 12, 2009
16 Do You Remembers
1) Do you remember when the smoke alarm in our room had a low battery? It went off and we were on our way out the window when Mommy came in…
2) Do you remember the night in the summer when we had the window opened and outside we heard thumping? It ended up being a cat jumping from our roof to the neighbor’s roof. :)
3) Do you remember selling snails? Our friends actually bought the biggest two. :)
4) Do you remember riding Mickey the horse? He took us on a wild ride, but we hung on for dear life until it ended…
5) Do you remember singing The Star Spangled Banner together? We didn’t know the entire song so we would sing it half way and then hum the rest (It sounded so pretty).
6) Do you remember the Civil War audio we made? Our favorite part is when you and I sang a duet of: The Battle Hymn of the Republic…
7) Do you remember what happened to the Cinnamon Roll at the High Tea we went to with Daddy? ;)
8) Do you remember when we went to the Mother, Daughter, and Auntie Retreat with Mommy and Auntie Kaggy? We stepped into all seven pools there just so we could say we went in them… :)
9) Do you remember when we went to the Mother/Daughter Retreat in the mountains? We prayed that it would snow and it did!
10) Do you remember how we used to pretend that our bikes were horses? We even had names for them!
11) Do you remember how we used to have ice-skating competitions (with our rollerblades)? We would wet down the patio with water and then our competitions would begin! :)
12) Do you remember the color coded map of the United States we had when we were really little? We all chose what states we wanted to move to (because we liked the certain color) when we grew up and got married… Your choice was New York! :)
13) Do you remember when we were supposed to played violin for church? We were supposed to play Away in a Manger, but we thought Mrs. G. would be announcing the piece before we started playing. Instead she jumped up and began singing! We immediately played. :)
14) Do you remember when you lit the candle sitting on our table? The match broke, flew onto a tissue which caught on fire, and my French test paper was used to extinguish the fire… :)
15) Do you remember when we all ate burnt yogurt for breakfast?
16) Do you remember sleeping outside 35°F degrees weather? All of the girls woke up at 6:00AM and talked until 7:00AM. It was fun, but it was cold too!
I love you Bethany! Happy Birthday and Thank you for the 16 years worth of lovely memories!
~Shiloh for Ebenezer Forest Farm LLC
Monday, November 9, 2009
And the girls (with Judah)... ready to watch.
Thursday, November 5, 2009
The other day when as I was getting out the Ergo to take Judah on a night time walk he asked me who was going to take a ride in it. I told him that he was. He answered by telling me that when I get to be teeny like him and he gets to be big like me... He is going to give me rides in the Ergo!
Monday, November 2, 2009
Here's a post that was supposed to be posted long ago, but we are just now getting around to doing it... Farm Life can get busy! Just this past September we went to the annual Cider Squeeze held at Philip Foster Farm. It is an event we enjoy going to and do not want to miss out on! This year we all dressed up matching. Then men were in their Carhartts and the ladies in their tiered skirts. Which we made! We squeezed our own Apple Cider from apples which we picked from our apple trees. At the end of this post is a little movie we put together with little clips of the event so you all can get a glimpse of the festivities. Maybe we'll see you there next year! Enjoy the pictures!
Jordan was able to get a load of the apple pulp for our garden and chickens-
What happens when De-De has the camera-
Straining the Cider-
Judah and his friend Phillip-
When there was a break in the action Tabitha, Eden, Melody, Bip, and I all took a tour through Philip Foster's cabin. We enjoyed taking some pictures of historical poses until we got caught up in a tour with a history buff who nearly had us believing he was the real Philip Foster... but then it does take awhile to fool a bunch of home schooled kids who do know their history. :)
Books: The Bible, "Indian Massacres", and "Gospel Hymns".
Judah Philip: Our Little Cowboy!
Shiloh, Gwennie, Bethany, & Eden-
All of us girls with our Mommy :)
Gwennie, Bethany, Shiloh, Karina, Keziah, Tabitha, & Eden-
Hannah, Eden, & Tabitha-