Friday, September 30, 2011
I'm learning how to stay more focused on my school work without letting my mind wander when the subject is plainly boring. :)
Today, my coach and I discussed different ways to help someone stay focused. Here are some of the things that we came up with:
1) Read your information out-loud (this is something that especially could help with boring information).
2) Take notes or make flashcards
3) Set short-term goals for yourself and then have a reward to go with the accomplishment (for example: "after reading this entire chapter make, I think I'll have a cup of coffee" - although I don't drink coffee. :)).
4) Picture the information in your head (like described in Dynamic Memory~ excellent course by the way!! I highly recommend it!!) or use hand motions to help remember the information.
5) Try using headphones or earplugs to screen out the noise. You could listen to something quiet, like Mozart, or just use them to screen out all noise and get some silence. Whatever works better for you.
~Start with Prayer
~Make a Schedule.
~Dream big, but make your goals achievable.
What are some things that help you stay focused?
Goals by: Shiloh & Elizabeth
Photo Credit: Google