Saturday, October 29, 2011

The Perfect Fit

Here is a post that I did on our End of the Matter Sisters blog.

Enjoy!
-------------------------------
Hello!  It's Bethany here...
I just finished sewing a new skirt! 
The pattern was just what I wanted and I was delighted with the color so I set to work.
When the last threads were clipped from the machine, I couldn't wait to try it on!  But what a disappointment when I found that skirt was too tight... I wasn't sure what I should do, so I went on a diet. 
I've been only eating broccoli and brussel-sprouts and drinking lots of water and tomato juice. I also have been doing a lot of biking, push-ups, sit-ups, and running... It's been long and hard! But today it all paid off when I tried on the skirt and--can you believe it!?--it fit! So now the skirt fits me (or I fit the skirt) and I'm happy!
Well, not really! 
Actually, a friend gave me some advice:
Take out the side seams and then sew it up again with less seam allowance than 5/8th".
That worked.
Now I can't wait to wear my new skirt!

If a problem like this comes your way, I would strongly recommend trying out the advice of my friend... however, if you do insist... you can always try the diet!!!  :)


Posted By:
~Bethany

No comments: